Join the team from Rockcote Traditional Artsand learn how to build a cob oven – you’ll be actively involved and literally getting your hands dirty. There are only 20 places available for this workshop so please book early.
What is Cob?
Cob is clay, silt, sand, and straw mixed together.
It is the best thing to make an oven out of because:
- It loves hot temperatures
- It is easy to work with
- Is plentiful, natural, and carbon neutral
This oven is being built at the Ananda Marga River School and will be incorporated into their curriculum and used enthusiastically to enhance their tuckshop offerings!
The benefits of a pizza oven to a school:
- Engagement with Local Community
- Traditional Education Outcomes. Maths, Engineering, Art
- Promotes Healthier Eating and Cooking
- Opportunity for Fundraising Events & other Functions
- Promotes Environmental and Sustainability Understanding
You’ll learn all about building an oven from the ground up and you can talk to Rockcote about their kits for building one in your backyard or at your school.
New Date: Saturday, 12 November 2011
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Ananda Marga River School, Bridge Creek Road, Maleny, Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Cost: $80 (includes morning tea, lunch and handouts)
Bookings: Ananda Marga River School (07) 5494 3559 or email: email@example.com